Last Updated February 09, 2009
DescriptionBlackBottom.com is a Video Sharing Social Community targeting the African-American/Black audience. Our strategy of combining YouTube-like video sharing features along with the MySpace/Facebook community aspect has been extremely successful - we've been linked to and talked about on most major Black and Urban websites, blogs, forums, and radio stations in the world. In our first year (2008), we served over 4,000,000 visitors from all 50 U.S. states and 209 countries; we have more than 20,000 members and growing strong. Our trajectory is unparalleled - our site is ranked within the top Black/Urban websites in the world and we have been rated as one of the "Top 5 Up-and-Coming websites".
For more information, please view the following links:
- Quantcast ranking: http://www.quantcast.com/blackbottom.com/traffic
- Alexa ranking: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/blackbottom.com
- Compete ranking: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/blackbottom.com/?metric=uv
- Black Websites' Traffic comparison chart: http://www.blackbottom.com/comparison.php
- "Top 5 Up-and-Coming websites" review: http://www.blackweb20.com/2008/08/06/top-5-up-and-coming-websites/
Additional historical information on the "Black Bottom":
- Detroit's Black Bottom
- Philadelphia's Black Bottom
- Detroit News article on Detroit's Black Bottom
- More information about "gentrification" and "community displacement"
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us directly or email us at [email protected]. Let us know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns. The site is only as good as the community, so if you see or think of something then definitely let us know!
You can view our Terms of Service (TOS) here.
8311 Brier Creek Pkwy.
Raleigh, NC 27617
313 557-0669 fax